Seth

baby

Andrew

baby development

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Moab June 2008

For My Birthday this year I decided i wanted to go down to Moab and do some camping! It a had been a long time since I had been there and it is one of my most favorite places to visit! It gets me excited about rock Climbing again although I am not in near enough shape to do anything right now!

100_1615

After our first hike looking back on the View of Arches National Park! Seth Had a blast in the back pack for most of the time he was in there!  100_1613

Family Photo the First Day! I chose to wear the Back pack and Carry Seth the First Hike to get Used to it!

 100_1621

Aaron doing some Hiking and Posing! He got to climb up a little more than I did because I had Seth on me and didn’t trust Myself enough to do all the climbing I wanted to do!

100_1627

An Amazing shot of Seth! I absolutely love his Smile!

100_1647 

Walking with Daddy!

He needed to get out to walk and get exercise so he wouldn’t get sick of being in the backpack!!

100_1657

Family Photo at Turret Arch! When I was 15 we came here and I climbed into the little hole Arch, on the right side of the picture! Another time in College over winter break we came down here and I tried again but was unable to do to snow! I’ve Always wanted to try again but this time I was too out of Shape to even think about it! So I am going to be in Shape next time we go down so that I can make it up there again!

100_1689

On My Birthday we Rented a Jeep but didn’t do enough research of where to go for enough of a Thrill but still safe enough for us to do the trail without to much problem! We Ended up doing a Trail called Chicken’s Crossing!   The Trail was Ok but we wanted more of a 4x4 Trail! We probably could have done this Trail in our Subaru! I drove the First little bit as I was Legally the only one supposed to be driving as I was over 25! The View at the End of the Trail was amazing!  Seth had been stuck in the Car Seat for a Couple hours and was not happy that we were not letting him down to play!

100_1685

This is What Seth looked like most of the trip on the Jeep! And Occasionally when it got really bumpy he would wake up and glare at us for not allowing him to sleep!

100_1695

The Back of the Jeep was open and it started to pour and so we made it back to our campsite just in time to close windows and but we had just bought a brand new tent and apparently it didn’t have rain flaps over zippers and it just poured water on into the tent! It wasn’t horrible but definitely not keeping the tent! Seth got a little wet on the ride back to the camp but it was a torrential downpour after we got into the tent! His Car Seat was SOAKED! Apparently we should have gone hiking in Arches that day as in Arches it sprinkled a little bit but did not pour! The Group next to us was hiking in arches and asked us why there was a puddle of water at the bottom of there tent when they got back! There was an amazing Rainbow after the Storm!

100_1700

While Taking Cover in our tent Seth kept himself occupied by jumping on our Air Mattress! It eventually cleared a little but it was chilly and didn’t want Seth to ride in the wet car seat with an open car. So we took the Jeep back early and then went out to dinner for my birthday!    

100_1708

The Last day we were there we chose to go hike Delicate Arch! Seth is Being a Goofball in the car on our way to the Arch!

100_1716

DELICATE ARCH!!!!

AMAZING CREATION!!!

100_1710

On our Way up to Delicate Arch! Seth being Shaded by his sunshade and getting a ride that many people were jealous of! I couldn’t believe how many people commented on our backpack carrier! WE saw a few other carriers but we decided that t not many people hike with little kids as a ton of people on the hike were very surprised by the whole concept of carrying a child on a HJike! A few people wanted to know how much we charged for a ride and Aaron kept Telling people that Seth was going to carry him back down!

100_1714

Family Photo Underneath Delicate Arch!  We are little ants compared to the size of the Arch!

100_1718  

After Getting our Photo Taken Seth wanted to sit down next to this girl! He immediately befriended her and wanted to wear her hat and drink her water and even eat her grapes which she graciously shared! I thought that he would want to run around hence the Leash but all he wanted to do was sit next to this little girl and tell her about all the birds he kept Seeing! 

100_1676  These are a few of my attempts at Artistic Photography while there! These are raw and unedited! I love the contrast in both of these shots! 

100_1671

3 comments:

The Mattson's said...

That looks like tons of fun. You are brave to hike with a baby on your back, it is so hard. Beautiful pictures.

Amy said...

What a fun trip! We would love to do that sometime. Five kids makes it a bit more of a challenge though--just the thought of it makes me think waiting a decade or so might be smart. Looks like Seth had a great time though. And I loved your artistic pictures especially that last one.

Krystal said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to go there and see all the arches. What a fun little pack seth go to ride in. I wouldn't mind that.